Volunteering is a tangible way to help restore hope to kids in crisis. Volunteers help Hand in Hand stretch resources, improve efficiencies, and provide better care for the children and families we serve.
If you are interested to learn more about volunteer opportunities or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like a volunteer application please click HERE. Once complete there are three ways to submit to us:
- Scan & email to email@example.com
- Mail or hand deliver to 9502 19th Ave SE, Suite F, Everett, WA 98208
Once we receive and review the application, a staff member will contact you with further details.
Join us at one of our volunteer information meetings to learn more about what it looks like to volunteer with Hand in Hand. We are happy to share our stories with you, and answer all of your questions.
Volunteer opportunities include:
Safe Place Volunteer
Volunteers are paired with a staff member to care for kids ages 0-17, who have just been removed from dangerous living situations, and await future placement with either family member or foster care. The goal is to create a space were kids feel safe, cared for, comfortable and have the freedom to be a kid.
Safe Place volunteer requirements:
- Minimum age of 21
- Attend volunteer orientation & ongoing training.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background clearance
- Background check fee of $17.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum 5 hour shift once a month for 1 year.
- Food Handlers Card
- CPR, First Aid, and Blood borne Pathogens Certifications
- Records of current TB test, Dtap, and Flu shot.
Youth Soccer Coach & Support
We have a community soccer league that is vital to building strong relationships, accountability and a healthy, fun environment for the area youth. There are three main areas we need assistance:
- COACH: Mentor kids and youth (Facilitate practices and games, teach and train knowledge of game - Provides direct connection and mentor ship to youth. Need for FALL 2019
- ASSISTANT COACH: Assist with mentoring kids and youth, teach and train knowledge of game. Need for FALL 2019
- FIELD PREP: Help draw boundary lines on the field and help with any preparation that is needed prior to practices or games. Potential of weekly commitment.
Husky Club After School Program Helpers/Mentors
During the school year, we partner with Horizon Elementary and run the Husky Club after school kids program. We need people 18 years or older, committed to coming one shift per week, Tuesday-Thursdays from 3:30-4:30pm. You will build relationships with the kids and be there for them to help with homework, listen, encourage and play. We also partner with the Soccer for Success Program who brings a health, nutrition and active component to the program!
Special Event Team
Each year, Hand in Hand hosts several events that require many volunteers. Picnics, Christmas Parties, and fundraisers are successful because of volunteers who get involved with the event preparation, promotions, sponsorship, food, set up/tear down, etc.
For more information on volunteering with us, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.