Becoming a volunteer is a tangible way to help restore hope to kids in crisis. Volunteers help Hand in Hand stretch resources, improve efficiencies, and provide better service to children and families we serve.
Join us at one of our monthly volunteer information meetings to learn more about what it looks like to volunteer with Hand in Hand. We are happy to share our stories with you, and answer all of your questions. Plus, there will be snacks.
Volunteer opportunities include:
Safe Place and Youth Worker
The volunteer child and youth worker is responsible for direct care service to children ages 0-17, who are admitted to Safe Place. This person helps provide care and comfort to the children being served.
Safe Place volunteer requirements:
- Minimum age of 21
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Must be able to pass an extensive background clearance
- Background check fee of $17 (If you have lived in Washington less than 3 years, an additional fee of $27 is required).
- Must be able to commit to a 6-10 hour shift once a month for minimum of 1 year
- Food Handlers Card
- CPR, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens Certifications
- Records of current TB test, Dtap, and Flu shot
Youth Soccer Coach & Support
We have a community soccer league that is vital to building strong relationships, accountability and and a healthy, fun environment for the area youth. We have many kids who want to play, but need more coaches and assistant coaches! You do not need coaching experience, we can train you!
Please contact: Jorge@handinhandkids.org for more information.
Special Event Team
Each year, Hand in Hand hosts several events that require many volunteers. Picnics, Christmas Parties, and fundraisers are successful because of volunteers who get involved with the event preparation, promotions, sponsorship, food, set up/tear down, etc.
For more information, please contact: Alice@handinhandkids.org