- Being a child, woken up in the middle of the night by yelling and commotion, forcibly torn away from your parents and removed from your home, terrified, hungry, sad and confused.
- Being the social worker, suddenly responsible for this traumatized child, doing your best to console them in the backseat of your car, while making call after call for placement.
- Being a receiving care home, taking this child in, not knowing their needs, medical information, or anything else about them.
Imagine a place...
- A warm and comforting environment with loving, trained staff and volunteers ready to receive this precious child.
- A place where they receive warm meals, are bathed, pick out new pajamas and a cozy handmade blanket of their own.
- Where they are given new clothes, shoes & other basic necessities.
- Where they can have their hand held as they receive a mandatory health exam.
- A place where they can experience peace, get some much needed rest, and have FUN!
Now there is a Safe Place...
- Hand in Hand provides a safe place for kids.
- In our Safe Place shelter, these children are provided a warm, caring environment to transition after being removed from their homes, allowing their social worker time to find placement.
- We are restoring hope, helping to change the story of these children's lives and believing God has amazing plans for their future.
- You can help change the life of a foster child. Your gift of time, donations or funds, goes to meet the important needs of each child.
- We abide by James 1:27 which reads, "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress, and refusing to let the world corrupt you."